REFLECTOR: MT Prop failure mode?

Bernard Despins bdespins at telusplanet.net
Tue Nov 18 11:47:33 CST 2008

We have over 20 hours on the test stand as we test various components
(EFI, electronic ignition, turbos, wastegate), so the crankshaft plug
must be correct.

I am just so baffled.

The only thing left that I can think of is a malfunctioning prop.

What else can allow the engine to spin up to full RPM at 12 inches of MP
while normally the engine operates at 40 inches.

I disconnected the turbos with the same result.  Full static rpm, at 12
inches of MP, throttle only partially opened.

Bernard