REFLECTOR: sparrow strainer(ss)

Dave Philipsen velocity at davebiz.com
Wed Nov 12 23:59:02 CST 2008

Wow.  That is an interesting statement.  I have the sparrow strainer and
have never flown without it.  From what you have said, I don't think I'd
want to remove it because my pitch trim is pretty sensitive in cruise as
it is now.  I couldn't imagine it becoming more sensitive than it
already is.

That being said, when I first received my plane as bought from the
original builder, I found that I had very little 'down' trim.  That is,
I couldn't trim the trailing edge of the elevator much higher than being
flush with the canard.  I found that my trim spring had another hole in
it where the trim mechanism could be mounted.  I moved it to the new
hole and everything worked great.

--
Dave Philipsen
Velocity STD-FG