REFLECTOR: ceramic coated exhaust pipes

Jim & Sharon Beck jsbeck at charter.net
Mon Nov 3 10:14:02 CST 2008

I have not had good luck with the Jet hot coating sticking on used pipes. I
have the standard 2 into 1 slip joint on my IO 360 Lycoming. The first
coating peeled off in large chunks. I sent them back last spring for a redo,
( which they charged me for since they had changed hands ) and now the
second coating is coming off also.  Don't know what could be wrong as they
did all the prep work.  these went to the AZ  plant.  Also for fire warning
I have used the aux channel on my EE fuel flow gauge to mount a temp probe
in the engine compartment . Normal temps run about 170 there so I set the
alarm for 200 .
 Don't know what the temps ran before coating the pipes.

Jim