REFLECTOR: Jeffco

Richard Riley richard at riley.net
Sun Nov 2 01:45:32 CDT 2008

At 11:52 PM 11/1/2008, Al Gietzen wrote:

>The Alphapoxy is definitely NOT compatible with
>mogas – and I suspect may be affected by avgas
>as well.  The plys over the hardpoints set in
>with alphapoxy in the sump must be done with ez-poxy or jeffco.

When I looked into epoxies and mogas
compatability - 10 years ago, before ethanol
started showing up - the epoxy with the best data
was WEST.  Since it's used primarily for boats,
and boats use mogas, they had 20 years of fuel immersion data.

I don't have that data for the current fuels -
but if someone were to contact Gougeon, I'll bet
they're still doing ongoing tests.