REFLECTOR: MT Prop TBO

SlvEgl99 at aol.com SlvEgl99 at aol.com
Sat May 24 14:08:44 CDT 2008

Since I received no responses to an earlier posting, I thought I would
follow up.
I have a Velocity XL with an MT constant speed prop. When doing my  c
onditional I discovered a small amount of grease seeping out around one seal.  It had
not discolored the blade, but had stuck inside the spinner.

In researching MT maintenance, I discovered that the prop has a TBO of 6
years or 1800 hours, whichever is earlier. I also learned that the governor has
a TBO of 7 years.

I asked what action anyone else has taken with regard to  this.

I received no responses, but have communicated with MT, and they confirm
that this is still the TBO. I have scheduled prop removal and will deliver it to
them for overhaul, along with the governor. Cost will be around $3,000 and
they say about 3 weeks. Lots of money, but want to be safe amd legal.

Robert Wood
N658SE
XL FG

Tyler Florence" on AOL Food.