REFLECTOR: Propguard

Tom tomcat05 at comcast.net
Thu May 22 19:00:38 CDT 2008

I have found that rain makes dimples in the stainless tape supplied for IVO props.
Also it just doesn't hold up long even with no rain.  I switched to Propguard and it
holds up very well.  The accelerator is for porous surfaces and not needed on smooth
surfaces.  IVO does not recommend Propguard as they say moisture gets under it.  I
didn't understand how this would happen, but after 100 hours I have a bubble of black
liquid growing under the Propguard.  My guess is that sunlight is promoting some kind
of growth.  I'm thinking of painting the Propguard to block sunlight.  Any suggestions
for a paint to use?

John

Are you thinking it's mold?? I wonder what Catto uses on his props??