REFLECTOR: Propguard

Tom tomcat05 at comcast.net
Wed May 21 19:14:54 CDT 2008

Flew a long trip yesterday and the paint abraded off the leading edge of
my compost prop due to some heavy rain I flew through. Interested in
trying propguard tape. Aircraft Spruce shows it as approved for metal
props and in reading the installation instructions they mention using an
accelerator on the painted prop (not to be used on unpainted prop) prior
to installing tape to improve adhesion. Will this accelerator damage
composites or does it just improve adhesion to the paint?? thx Tom