REFLECTOR: Site gage tube tore like wet cardboard, YIKES

Al Gietzen ALVentures at cox.net
Tue May 20 20:43:54 CDT 2008

What tubing would y'all recommend for this use, that is clear AND not
subject to deteriorating?  Really, it tore like wet cardboard.  I must have
completely missed earlier discussion on this problem.  But, alas, would much
rather find it now.

Chris;

What a bummer!!  I don't recall what came with the kit, but I think it was
not rigid tubing - maybe some kind of vinyl or derivative?  I decided to go
with Vance's site gauge which is made from lexan.  Mine has had auto fuel in
it for 3 years and no problem with the lexan.  There was a problem with the
white plastic back plate that is there to make it easier to read, as the
small holes to the tank would swell shut.  He now provided metal grommets to
put in the holes.

I think a rigid acrylic tube would also work, but some EZ flier told me that
it yellows with age.

Best,

Al