REFLECTOR: Mt prop govener IO-540 300hp

Andrew Ellzey ajlz72756 at yahoo.com
Sun May 11 23:19:15 CDT 2008

I have the prop govenor that came with my engine, has anyone ever adjusted their own or asked a repair shop to remove the data plate and adjust your govenor to what you need to match a new prop?  Has anyone on the reflector gone through this situation already and know of a good repair shop to use. Information on the web about prop govenors seems to be scarce. As does information on what pressures are required for props. I know that there are others that have purchased used engines on the reflector, and someone should know a model number for a woodward govenor that would work.

Andy Ellzey