REFLECTOR: Nose Wheel Steering

Tom tomcat05 at comcast.net
Tue May 6 14:25:40 CDT 2008

I like the wheel lock system. Unfortunately, I have to do an abrupt 360
when I pull in my driveway and push the plane back. However, I'm
building another house in the same airpark with a larger hangar and will
re-evaluate after I move. Be curious how the cessna shimmy dampener was
attached.
Anyhow, I pulled the nose wheel off today and cleaned lubricated and
reset the nut torque using a fish scale. Initial pull of 38 lbs was
needed to move the wheel, I've got it down to 22lbs and hope this helps
in the short term. Also, I had belleville washers on there but there was
only 3 of them, my guess is that 4 would work better. For those using
them how many dis you install?? thx Tom