REFLECTOR: Franklin PZL fuel pump

Laurence Coen lwcoen at hotmail.com
Fri May 2 12:51:57 CDT 2008

Ken,

I have a Weldon pump on my Franklin that came with an STC.  You might get it to work on a left turning engine by mounting it on the vacuum pump pad which turns the opposite direction of the fuel pump drive.  This pump has an internal pressure bypass that I had to back way off to get the pressure down to a level that would work with my carbureted engine.  It might have enough hump to work with a fuel injected system.

I got my engine from Atlas Motors who had modified it for someone in Brazil to run on ethanol using fuel injection.  My cylinders were drilled at the intake ports but are currently plugged.  I have an annual coming up soon and can take a picture if you like.

Larry Coen
N136LC SE/RG Franklin/IVO