REFLECTOR: Franklin PZL fuel pump

Ken C. Baker kenb at velocityaircraft.com
Thu May 1 13:02:33 CDT 2008

Mike,

The guys at the "Franklin Connection" booth at Sun 'n Fun were Bruce Kown of
Classic Air, Greg Lucas, and Majiech Smolinski. I spoke with Majiech during
Sun 'n Fun about acquiring a set of magneto gears that I need, that Franklin
drew-up once upon a time, but never started manufacturing. Majiech told me
that Roman Smadowski in Poland might be able to find drawings or parts. I
have emailed a few times, but have not heard back.

This brings up another sore subject - in the 6A-350 parts catalog, PZL
specifically identifies a PZL manufactured magneto gear and absorber for the
impulse coupling on the -4 magneto for the C1L engine. Every Franklin
authority that I have ever talked has never heard of nor seen this gear.
After talking with Majiech at Sun 'n Fun - he told me that he's never seen
it before either, and to his knowledge PZL never made it at all.

Sigh.

-Ken
kenb at velocityaircraft.com

  _____