REFLECTOR: Fw: M/T Electric Prop

KMis178813 at aol.com KMis178813 at aol.com
Mon Mar 24 20:39:02 CDT 2008

Jim
  Ronnie has good idea about bumping the static RPM up a little, but  be
careful. I have recently had a brush block failure to my MT electric prop, on
take off. Could have been a processor, a wire, or a pitch adjustment motor
failure. In any case the prop gets stuck in one position of pitch. If the RPM's
are to high on "your initial roll" when you get to take off speed you  might
overspeed the engine. A very delicate balance of throttle and speed  to overcome
that One!!!    For what it's worth.

        Ken

In a message dated 3/24/2008 7:52:11 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,