REFLECTOR: Rudder cable attch point

Al Gietzen ALVentures at cox.net
Mon Mar 24 00:43:22 CDT 2008

 I checked / the factory.  Solutions are replace what I have / an AN111
cable bushing.  They also said some have fixed this with a strategically
placed zip tie or the like to prevent this.  Even a gust of wind on the ramp
can do this to me.  I cannot see in there good enough to say more yet until
I pull the rudder off, but I thought I would check in advance.

Terry,

I used a cable bushing (see photo).  Drilled the rudder horn and tapped
10-24 so the screw could threaded in and locked with a nut. Allows the cable
end to rotate freely.

Al