REFLECTOR: VG for naca scoop.

Jim & Sharon Beck jsbeck at charter.net
Mon Mar 24 00:21:51 CDT 2008

Kurt.
Fallon is 4000 ft and temps in the summer go over 100 so we try to leave early. So far  I have placed 6 sets of vgs on each wing starting at the outboard end . I flew this weekend early with the temp about 35 degrees and it did seem to jump off the ground when it did leave but not much less runway than before. just a more positive climb. stall speed not really effected. will try the rest of the wings next and maybe a half set on the canard. My wings were made by Alan Shaw and I was told they are a bit heavy. my empty wt is 1520.
Will let you know what happens after the next changes.
Jim