REFLECTOR: Alternative engines

David Bertram n350tx at tx.rr.com
Fri Mar 21 10:10:53 CDT 2008

I apologize for being slow to answer your comment.  If you are not a
mechanical and electrical expert I would find one or two to help install the
engine.  Of course you should tap any resource such as previous
installations which would mirror yours and gather as much info as possible.
I used Len Bechtold as my expert.  He designed and built my engine mount and
headers.  He also helped me with the actual installation.  You need someone
with hands on experience and availability.  There are also issues such as
cooling , which was my biggest obstacle.  W & B is another not to be
overlooked.  I have tried to build as close to recommended specs as possible
  My engine was "experimental" enough so I did not get out of the box on
airframe designs.  I know this is very sketchy but I hope it gives a little
light  to the question.

Dave Bertram
N350TX
972-562-5967