REFLECTOR: The law of conservation energy.

Scott Derrick scott at tnstaafl.net
Tue Mar 18 19:31:30 CDT 2008

nice discourse, but its all supposition.

As I said my Matco's have 450 hours of operation and they have performed
fine.  Never any fade, though I do use them in a manner as I was trained
to do as a truck driver years ago.  Maybe its all operator technique?

The Cleveland's may have more squeezing power which would require less
foot pressure to get the same result from a Matco I don't know.  I do
know geometry installation of the master cylinder is critical and maybe
the Cleveland's allow for more misalignment in that installation?

A larger disk would certainly allow for more energy absorption.  Is the
Cleveland disk bigger? Mass wise that is?

I switched to Cleveland's on my Bonanza which was a huge improvement,
but  the old beech brakes were really worthless.

The real question is, do the Cleveland's have a higher kinetic energy
rating than the Matco's?

Scott