REFLECTOR: IO-390

Grigore Rosu grigore.rosu at gmail.com
Mon Mar 17 18:16:01 CDT 2008

Here is some more info on IO-390s, this time from Aero Sport Power:

"In regards to the IO-360 versus the IO-390.  Most builders go with the
IO-390 as it is the same engine as the IO-360 with a bigger bore and more
HP.  I have one IO-360 200HP engine that has been here for awhile for the
reason you mentioned.  More expensive with less HP."

They offered me the same price on that 200HP IO-360 as for the IO-390
($32.5k) in case I want to take it, which is about $4k less than the
original price of the IO-360!  John was right that Aerosport are very
honest: economically speaking, their interest would be to get rid of the
IO-360 making 4k profit; yet, they tell me straight that the IO-390 is
better.  I like these guys.  However, their price for the IO-390 is slightly
higer than Mattituck's ...

Richard, I would like to see your pictures.  Also, who should I contact at
Velocity about the modified stacks?

Thank you,
Grigore