REFLECTOR: wing-winglet layup C

Andrew Ellzey ajlz72756 at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 17 08:48:47 CDT 2008

I'd always been a bit dubious of the cave idea since it seems to kind
of odd to make it so hard to get to the hardware in that area. So that
"keep forward" directive makes good sense to me but I'm unsure what to
do with the excess glass width. So Andy and/or Jack what did you do?

Jeff,

What we are talking about is the rudder cut line. After you finish your winglet through primer, you then cut your rudders off of your winglet to start to make the rudder pockets, install the hinges, install the bell crank and rudder return spring. This cut line is measured with a square off of the trailing edge of your winglet 4 1/2 inches at the top and 7 1/2 at the bottom. See figure 2-19. All the layups should fall forward of this cut line.

Andy Ellzey