REFLECTOR: IO-390 engines?

Richard J. Gentil richard at naples-air-center.com
Fri Mar 14 21:45:53 CDT 2008

Today I sent half the day wiring up the gear handle, the gear & pump
lights, and the test & reset switches. It is something how time flies. I
had done the up & downlock microswitches as well as the throttle
microswitch last week. I hope to install the panel next week. (I only
work on the plane on Fridays.) If I were to work every day on the Velo,
I could run the engine in around five days. So I figure five to six
weeks which will turn out to be two months.

I cannot wait to hear it come to life. I can almost taste it. If I had
gone all conventional instead of a three tube EFIS and dual electronic
ignition, I would have probably already run the engine. But this was
something I expected and planned for. Just hope the wait is worth all
the extra work.

Richard