REFLECTOR: Hanger Sky Lights

Sid Knox sbjknox at earthlink.net
Thu Mar 13 01:51:44 CDT 2008

From: "Tom & Mo Falls" <tommo at bellsouth.net>
Subject: REFLECTOR: Hanger Sky Lights

> I’m building a new hanger after a move to SC and I’m anxious to get back
> building my SERG. My current thought is to put 4 sky lights in the roof
> for
> natural light (2 each side). Is this a good idea or a bad idea for
> building/storing a Velocity?

> Thanks,
> Tom

I have fiberglass skylights in my hanger (50 x 50), barn (30 x 49) and
garage (30 x 30) and would not build another building without using them.  I
have had some issues but each was a result of either poor quality panels
(contractor buying cheap rather than quality) or improper installation.  And
even these issues were minor.  For me,  the ability to work in a brightly
lighted building far outweighs any minor problems.  And an unintended bonus
regards the barn, there is a night-light on a power pole nearby and it
provides enough light inside the barn at night to move around and find a
light switch.
Also, the hanger has two smaller panels on the East-facing wall up high
above the door and these help.

$0.02

Sid Knox
Oklahoma