REFLECTOR: paint

Terry Miles terrence_miles at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 10 15:12:52 CDT 2008

Lar,
That one's by me.  I don't know.  I did find it so in general that salesman
and the chemistry white papers that you can retrieve on line sometimes do
not agree, and when you go back to salesman they invariably back pedals.  I
asked those same questions about UV and was always told yes or words like
"I'm sure it does."

Poly Fiber as I recall was more expensive so it likely does have the UV.
But then would paying for UV protection in more than one layer be a benefit
and if so what? Do integrated paint systems have multiple layers w/ UV
additives?  When you go into paint dealers with questions like this it's a
black hole of price/quality/handling issues with no clear best choice.

I had a furniture refinisher tell me once that UV damage in wood furniture
happens the UV hits the wood itself and bounces off damaging the under side
of the paint.  But thanks for letting me know.  I got what I got!

Terry