REFLECTOR: WSI AV-300 with MX-20 no TFRs

Sandy & Spike Duncan sduncanjr at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 10 14:53:32 CDT 2008

Can anyone out there answer a problem I have encountered with the new WSI AV-300 displaying on a Garmin (Apollo UPSAT) MX-20?

  I had the WSI AV-100 before it was replaced with the AV-300 and all displays worked fine with the AV-100.  But the AV-300 will not display TFR’s on the MX-20.  It shows that the TFR’s are activated and it receives three or four on the count.  However, there is no TFR prompt on the text page.  When a laptop computer is connected to the WSI AV-300, TFR’s are displayed on the laptop.

  WSI says since TFR’s are displayed on the laptop that their receiver is working fine and it must be a problem with the MX-20 software and that I am their only complaint.

  Garmin says that they are using the same software and nothing has changed.  Garmin also says that displaying on a laptop is different than displaying on an MX-20.  Garmin reports receiving numerous other complaints about difficulties with the new AV-300 though they did not remember whether they related specifically to TFR’s.

  Note that all other weather seems to display OK on the MX-20.

  Am I the only one who is not receiving TFR’s on the MX-20?

  Thanks,

  Spike Duncan
  XL-RG