REFLECTOR: clearance

Al Gietzen ALVentures at cox.net
Sat Jun 28 20:09:36 CDT 2008

I was told the a Velocity doesn't rotate..then climb like conventional
aircraft. Once the nose rotates, the aircraft doesn't mush aft down like
some but instead climbs right out (since the main wing was ready to fly some
knots ago). Folks actually flying can back this up

I don't think my experience is unique, but the mains roll some distance
after the nose comes up; especially if heavily loaded.  The trick is you
don't let the nose get very high.

I have a 66" prop, and I don't think I've ever measured the clearance
because it would be an EXTREME AOA for that thing to hit.

Al