REFLECTOR: battery

Terry Miles terrence_miles at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 27 16:50:40 CDT 2008

I have it something like that.I have my starter button current which is
carried by a #14 wire from the cockpit button directly to the relay coil on
the starter motor itself.  This start button current It does not go thru a
dedicated, nose located, starter contactor.  Instead it goes to energize the
coil on the starter relay that comes bolted to your starter motor.  When
that relay is energized unregulated power via 2awg wire goes from the plus
post of the battery thru the now closed starter relay and into the starter
motor.  It can take as much 7.5 amps to energize that relay on the starter
and throw the pinion into the ring gear.  I got that figure from SkyTec.

Terry

  _____