REFLECTOR: battery

Lou Stedman stedmanlou at roadrunner.com
Thu Jun 26 09:28:04 CDT 2008

The battery is an Interstate, 12 volt, mounted in the nose, with #2 stranded wire running all of the way back to the engine. Connections are clean. As long as I have owned this aircraft, starting has been a bit slow. When you first apply power to the started it will hesitate, groan, and then begin to turn the flywheel. Sometimes I will have to let off on the key and try again to get it to turn over. Once that happens the engine will usually start on the first revolution, providing I don't flood it. I have a sky-tec starter, model #149-12LS. I have a battery tender plugged in at all times when the aircraft is in the hanger. Hope this is enough information.

Lou Stedman
Velocity N7044Q
Olean, NY