REFLECTOR: battery

Keith Hallsten KeithHallsten at quiknet.com
Thu Jun 26 00:30:57 CDT 2008

Lou,

Which battery are you using now?  Is the battery in the nose position (under
the canard)?  Are the battery cables #2 copper with solid, tight end
connections?  Has starting always been weak, or has it gotten weaker
recently?

Starting problems may be due to the battery (particularly if it's old or
abused), but there are lots of other potential causes.  Generally any sealed
lead-acid (SLA) battery of moderate size will have plenty of snort to crank
an engine, provided it is getting charged.  A bit more information is needed
to help with diagnosis.

Keith Hallsten

  _____