REFLECTOR: Vne Revisited

Scott Derrick scott at tnstaafl.net
Fri Jun 13 07:58:16 CDT 2008

There is two separate limits to VNE.  Flutter and airframe distortion.

airframe distortion is cause by the force of the air against the
airframe.  This is directly related to IAS.

Flutter on the other hand is related to the speed of the air molecules
going over an airfoil,  which is related to TAS.

Scott