REFLECTOR: Nose bumper

bdtopp at comcast.net bdtopp at comcast.net
Fri Jun 6 12:45:17 CDT 2008

Kurt,
   I have to admit that I thought about giving up my spare alot before I offered it to you.  I really can't see why I would ever have to replace it and thought I would help out a fellow builder.  I have been flying with the new bumper now for a month and it's working perfectly.  No difference than the old part (until it gets bent of course).  I heard that the company has recieved such high demand lately (little do they know why :) ), that they are going to do another production run.  I wonder if that is really happening?  Maybe Jorge would know.
   Just let me know what you decide.  I have no problem hanging on to my spare.  :)

Bruce
From: NMFlyer1 at aol.com

Bruce,

Thanks for the offer on the bumper. I was willing to go ahead and change mine out at this point since I'm not flying yet. If the new replacement part gets discontinued also, I'm wondering if I should change it? At some point won't it have to be changed again (only to have to start the hunt over for a part)?

I'll take input from those that have flown/taxied with both the old and new style. Should I go ahead and replace it?

I tried to order 2 also Bruce, so I would have an extra when & if the time came to replace it. I just got a form E-mail back giving me the price and listing the part as "discontinued". I'd hate to take away your "backup" and leave us both with no alternatives. I'll think about it and let you know.

Thanks a lot,    Kurt