REFLECTOR: FW: Aileron torque tube bearing

John Tvedte johnt at comp-sol.com
Tue Jun 3 10:22:36 CDT 2008

Al,

Personally I think these bearings are of general poor quality.

General Bearing part#: 32264-88-302 - and as far as I know, are used throughout the control system.

I have not sourced a better quality product at this time, but am working on it.  We are looking at Timken.

I have a couple retired engr's from Rockwell helping me - they didn't really like the tolerance of the bell crank to inner race either, and thought a capture spacer should be added on the inboard side when the bell crank is inserted.  They also suggest complete encapsulation of the outer flange - could be as simple as an aluminum ring.

I'm not sure of a timeline on my research - I'll get back to you with results.  Also attached are some encapsulation rings, designed by John Leder.

John