REFLECTOR: Emailing: Vesta Prop

Dave Philipsen velocity at davebiz.com
Thu Jul 31 12:58:42 CDT 2008

On the contrary, the ~64KB photo you sent was quite fine.  What most
people don't understand is that a large, uncompressed photo is almost
worthless when sent via email or over the internet because it
unnecessarily wastes bandwidth and other resources while providing only
a minuscule visual improvement in comparison to a moderately compressed
image.  When I take photos with my 6MP SLR I regularly reduce them to a
640 or 800 pixel width image with around 20:1 compression when I send
them in an email to someone.  No one has ever complained yet about the
quality.

--
Dave Philipsen
Velocity STD-FG