REFLECTOR: Affect of COLD weather

Jerry Teitsma jerryteits at comcast.net
Wed Jul 30 13:02:58 CDT 2008

What was supposed to be a runway replacement this summer at GNB (Granby, CO)
is turning into a significant problem.  The runway is gone and there is a
shortage of asphalt that may preclude replacement until next year.

My Velocity is in Kremmling, CO for the summer to allow me to fly.  Our
winters at 8300 ft are very cold.  Is there a hazard to F/G airplanes like a
Velocity to stay out on the ramp in -30 degree weather?  JT

Jerry Teitsma, RRC, RRO, CCCA
RCI, Inc
PO Box 796, Granby CO 80446 (USPS mail/shipping)
36 Lodgepole Ct, Granby CO 80446 (UPS/FedEx shipping)
970-887-3910 (Phone/Fax)
jerryteits at comcast.net