REFLECTOR: Front tie down

Christopher Barber CBarber at texasattorney.net
Mon Jul 28 21:06:34 CDT 2008

In my set of plans it shows where to install the tie down on the ends of the center spar, however, I don't seem to be able to find where and how to install the front tie down.  Mine consists of a little 90 degree piece of aluminum with a hole in it and that is it.  I figured if it was installed in front of my front gear through the fuselage it would need a backing plate or something to take the tension loads.  Do y'all know the process/location?

This is for a Standard Elite with Fixed gear.  TIA.

All the best,

Chris Barber
Houston