REFLECTOR: Vesta Prop

davedent at comcast.net davedent at comcast.net
Sun Jul 27 15:58:38 CDT 2008

Well guys I put the new three bladed Vesta prop back on yesterday and flew it this morning.  It matches all the MT numbers.  So instead of paying the $11,000+ for a MT you could use the Vesta at $6100. Now mine is on the IO540 260hp Velocity XL/RG but he makes the larger and smaller ones as well. Check them out at http://www.vestav8.com/

I'm sorry it was a long time coming but I had so much on my plate I just couldn't get to it.  Seems like flying got in the way.   Now I can tell you it is a good prop for the cost.  The blades are composite like the MT but put together much better all the way around.  The bearings are taper roller type with a thrust bearing as well on each blade.  Much better then the MT, in my opinion.  They also have the props and spinners for the larger engines as well.

By the way John Youngblood has a story to tell you about the AeroComp prop but I'll let him tell you that one.  He's back at Oshkosh right now and he isn't flying the AeroComp.  His plane is a real winner. Believe me it should take first place in kit built.  If you are going, make sure you get a look at his.  It's with the Rocket Velos on display.
Dave