REFLECTOR: Prudhomme Alternate Air

KMis178813 at aol.com KMis178813 at aol.com
Sun Jul 20 19:21:38 CDT 2008

Andy
   I just got done working with one of Prudhomme's setup. I had  the same
conclusion BUT when looking inside the filter housing it all became  clear. He
places walls on both sides of the alternate air door all the way to  the filter.
In doing so the normal induction air can not go through the part of  the air
filter that is saved for alternate air source only. It actually looks  like it
worked, according to the dirt in the filter. A plus for this setup is  that
when you need alternate air because of ice, the air would be pulled from  the
warm engine compartment.
       Ken Mishler

In a message dated 7/20/2008 12:57:42 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,