REFLECTOR: HID lamp cable length

Brian Michalk michalk at awpi.com
Sun Jul 20 10:07:51 CDT 2008

Andy,

In your browsing of the net, did you find any limitations on cable length?

If I were to figure out how to make this work as a canard taxi light, it
would be nice to mount the ballast in the fuselage.

For the more expensive D series, where the igniter is mounted to the
lamp, what else is it good for?  Is that where the current regulation
happens?  It seems that RF noise from current regulation would not be a
significant problem.  I can see that ignition phase would be very noisy.

I need to find a site of someone who has dissected a lamp and discusses
theory of operation.