REFLECTOR: Heater Installation

Al Gietzen ALVentures at cox.net
Tue Jul 15 20:07:54 CDT 2008

Thanks for the pics Al!! great shots- really makes me wish I were done
building- I noticed that you have de-located your front "NACA" scoop- are
you re-circulting air for heat?

Alex

Alex;

Yes.  The heater is mounted back behind the keel tail and vanity bulkhead,
and is heated by coolant from the engine (ancient photo attached).  The hot
air is ducted to blow forward from under the back seats.  It heats up the
cabin easily, but I think not much gets under the front seats to the feet of
the front seat occupants.  So far I haven't flown in conditions cold enough
to really know.

Al