REFLECTOR: EFIS

Keith Hallsten KeithHallsten at quiknet.com
Fri Jul 11 09:58:13 CDT 2008

Larry,

Are you kidding?  EVERYBODY has an opinion!

I personally went with GRT, but things are constantly changing as the
manufacturers come out with new models and add software updates to their
existing models.  The usual advice is to wait as long as possible before
ordering, then make your decision based on the best information available at
that time.  I am pleased with my choice and with the support provided by
GRT, but I haven't heard anything bad about AFS, either.

By the time you get the installation debugged and flying right it will be
obsolete, no matter what you have chosen!  Thus, once you have made your
decision it will reduce your stress level if you stop considering other
models thereafter.  For that reason, I have stopped investigating the new
EFIS systems!

Keith Hallsten