REFLECTOR: Aileron Rigging -Wallowing

Brett Ferrell reflector at velocityxl.com
Thu Jul 10 11:01:14 CDT 2008

Another proposed fix for wallowing is trailing-edge fences, which I intend to install and try pretty soon.  They're supposed to help make the spanwise flow go over the aileron.  I'm not sure which is preferable, but they are reported to also lower landing speed.  There was a good discussion previously on the reflector which can be read here
http://www.velocityxl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1409&highlight=fence

Also see
http://www.lightspeedengineering.com/KlausInfo/Flowfence.htm
http://www.ez.org/ezcron06.htm