REFLECTOR: NACA Outlet

John Dibble aminetech at bluefrog.com
Tue Jul 1 08:41:26 CDT 2008

My SERG was built with the bottom outlet flush with the fuselage.  I had siginificant
cooling problems during climb.  I extended the outlet 3 1/2" (rear facing) and that
greatly improved cooling during climb.  My cruise speed was not affected.  I wonder
why the exit isn't at the top of the fuselage?  Seems like the pressure would be
lowest there.

John