REFLECTOR: Jeffco or not?

Andy Millin amillin at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jan 30 06:11:36 CST 2008

Grigore,

I was told by Duane Swing that the gap was very important, but not for an
obvious reason..  When the top strake is put on, the goop can and will be
smooshed out of the way.  If there is a small gap, then most of the material
will be smooshed out of the way.  If the strake top is not put on in a
smooth, even fashion, it may lift up slightly in some spots.  This happens
also when weights are applied to the strake top to hold it down.  Duane
strongly cautioned me against using weights on to for this reason.  The lift
has a tendancy to create voids, especially if most of the material has been
smooshed out.  The large gap is there to help guarantee a better seal.

Andy