REFLECTOR: Jeffco or not?

KMis178813 at aol.com KMis178813 at aol.com
Mon Jan 28 21:40:48 CST 2008

Greg
   I would, and I am. installing electronic gages on my XLRG. I  do like the
fact that when on the ground or in flight, electronically, you can  get a
reading very accurate. When you get down to the last 5 gallons, and your  trying
to get there. I trust the sight of fuel in the tanks. Just one less thing  to
worry about in this electronic world. Just so simple. I have my sight gages
set so I can see the last gallon on each side. I also recess the fuel outlet
(pickup) area. If you are carrying the fuel, why not be able to get to it??? I
never did understand the useable and unusable fuel in a production airplane?
Any  dirt or water can settle in the sump, so set your outlet off the sump a
half  inch up or so. All bad stuff will end up in the bottom, and visible during
a  fuel sump check. Usable and unusable are about a quart different. Just my
thought?

Grigore
   I use the Vance Atkinson gauges from Velocity. He makes two  different
sizes I believe. One for the XL and one for the SE. I sent pictures  but they are
awaiting moderator approval.

     Ken

PS. I have a few nose wheel locks left and plan to put more in  production.

a message dated 1/28/2008 9:05:08 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,