REFLECTOR: Main Gear Alignment

nmflyer1 at aol.com nmflyer1 at aol.com
Sun Jan 27 21:15:47 CST 2008

Dave,

I wanted to use grease plates but the local real estate lady doesn't like me stealing her signs :)? I tried something a little different. I put down some 4 mil plastic, poured a couple tablespoons of oil in it.. then put down another piece of plastic. You're right. It makes the gear relax into an unloaded condition right away. I'll try the laser thing since I have one. I noticed the I-beam along the side of the tire is more stable at midpoint, but it has a different measurement than down at the bottom. This is probably because there isn't a lot of extra weight in the plane at this point (just engine panel wings and such). I checked today and still had 7 degrees of kick down at the axle.

Thanks for the input.? Kurt