REFLECTOR: Velocity video; landing flare

Al Gietzen ALVentures at cox.net
Sun Jan 27 19:41:23 CST 2008

Admittedly on the first landing in the video I got the nose higher than
usual at touchdown - call it a flare if you like.  I think the idea is to
get it down over the runway, pull the power and continue to fly with the
wheels just off the surface.  As the speed bleeds off, the angle of attack
necessarily increases until the mains touch, then fly the canard slowly down
to the surface - if you can. As mentioned previously, trimming for slight
forward pressure on the stick prior to the mains touching helps that last
part. I'm still typically going 10+ kts above canard stall when the mains
touch

At least that's what I try to do; but I'm surely no expert at this point -
and not likely to get two landings in a row the same.

Al

Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Velocity video

Steve,

It took me almost 400 hours of flying to learn that not only can I land my
SERG in a flare, but that it is 5 times easier and 10 times softer landing.

John

steve korney wrote:

Guess that dispelled the myth that you can't land a Velocity in a

Best... Steve

  _____