REFLECTOR: Main Gear Alignment

NMFlyer1 at aol.com NMFlyer1 at aol.com
Sun Jan 27 13:04:19 CST 2008

I am in the process of re aligning my main gear for toe in. (I have a  FGE).
In the old plans it did not say to wait to align the gear, so I did  it long
ago. Once the engine and wings were put on, the alignment changed quite  a
bit. It went from Toe in to Toe out.

I am wondering if I should load the V up with weight before I set the toe  in
again. If any of you have had to do this, what weight did you pick and did it
 change much once you reach gross weight?

Any other insight from those of you flying a fixed gear regarding alignment
of the gear? I can imagine that you'd like it aligned to track as straight as
possible to reduce the need for braking to maintain straight travel.

Thanks,

 Kurt