REFLECTOR: On focus

Chuck Jensen cjensen at dts9000.com
Sat Jan 26 08:22:35 CST 2008

Hi, Terry,

Building and flying is all about learning.  With some lessons, the tuition is just a bit higher.  In the scheme of things, it's just fiberglass and foam--not big deal.  Given all that you, and every builder, goes through in the building process, this is but a minor bump.  And, with the non-metal prop, the odds are wildly in your favor that the sweet running 540 will be spotless.

Now, inquiring minds want to know...during the slideout, did you try to use your brakes to slow down or steer?  :-)

With enough time, you'll be able to laugh about it and shake your head in amazement.  Every flight, I work at avoiding joining your esteemed club, but keep a chair warm for me just in case.

In all seriousness, its great that you are fine and the plane fixable.

Chuck Jensen