REFLECTOR: Lower cowling- exhaust holes

Tom tomcat05 at comcast.net
Sat Jan 26 04:41:30 CST 2008

The exit holes in the lower cowling for the dual exhaust are slightly
oversize to allow for removal/replacement of cowling. I have SS plates
which screw on over the holes. I had a friend recommend that I attach
red baffling material to the cover plates to make for a tight fit while
allowing room for engine movement via the rubber. Has anyone done
anything like this?? My concern is that the baffling material is only
listed to tolerate 425 degrees. I have ceramic coating on the exhausts
but I'd still bet they are hotter than that when the engine is running. Tom