REFLECTOR: Shipping a Prop

Robert Trent RDTRENT1 at CHARTERMI.NET
Wed Jan 23 21:32:03 CST 2008

Dave, Travis, Chuck

Thanks for the tip on Greyhound. Also for the classification info to better
Manage the expenses for freight shipping.

I'll contact Craig regarding picking up a Greyhound delivery.
Hope this will work OK for him.

Bob Trent

-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of davedent at comcast.net
Sent: Wednesday, January 23, 2008 10:22 PM
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Shipping a Prop

Catto uses the Gray Hound bus service to ship his three blade props all over

the country.  It works fine. I think it cost around $75 to most anywhere.
Give him an email and he could tell you how to do it. I have at least three
sent that way.  But the last time I had a prop sent by a shipper it got
damaged and I had it insured thankfully.  I was stuck way out in the middle
of Nebraska at the time also.  Thankfully I was able to repair it myself to
get home.
By the way I have the Vesta prop all built up and sitting in the shipping
box, ready to be tested on the plane again.  Bad weather and to much work
keeping me from doing it right now. Hope to test it before my surgery.  I'll

let you all know how it goes.
Dave