REFLECTOR: Experiance required to fly a Velocity

reflector at velocityxl.com reflector at velocityxl.com
Tue Jan 22 09:35:24 CST 2008

I don't think that's true (blanket) anymore, I think you have to get
specific permission from your FSDO...

    Flight Training Exemption Expires

    [LINK:
http://www.eaa974.com/NEWSLETTERS/NEWSLETTER_November_2007.html] top

   END   OF AN ERA: EXEMPTION 7162 EXPIRES
    [LINK: http://www.eaa.org/news/2007/2007-11-01_exemption.asp]
[IMAGE: RV6A] Midnight   on October 31, 2007, signaled the end of an era as
EAA's exemption No. 7162   officially expired. That exemption allowed
owners of experimental aircraft to be   compensated for renting their
aircraft to others who sought experimental   aircraft-specific flight
training and flight reviews. Its goal was to reduce the   number of fatal
experimental aircraft accidents, especially during the initial   test
flight period of an amateur-built aircraft and during the initial 10 flight
  hours after buying an experimental aircraft. By that measure, Exemption
7162 was   an unqualified success as it contributed to a dramatic reduction
in fatal   experimental aircraft accidents - from 340 in fiscal year 2000
to 49 in fiscal   year 2006.  [LINK:
http://www.eaa.org/news/2007/2007-11-01_exemption.asp] Read   more
http://www.eaa.org/news/2007/2007-11-01_exemption.asp

Velocity. I would think the time would be better spent flying a Velocity.
The FAA allows paying Velocity owners for flight time now when it is for
transition training.