REFLECTOR: Rudder cable attch point

Terry Miles terrence_miles at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 17 15:46:59 CST 2008

XL-5

When I preflight my rudder, the rudder cable end flips over on it self at
the bell crank and then won't retract the control surface all the way back
because it's bent back on itself.  A tap with an inserted long screwdriver
is all that is needed to get it to rotate back the way it should.

 I checked w/ the factory.  Solutions are replace what I have w/ an AN111
cable bushing.  They also said some have fixed this with a strategically
placed zip tie or the like to prevent this.  Even a gust of wind on the ramp
can do this to me.  I cannot see in there good enough to say more yet until
I pull the rudder off, but I thought I would check in advance.

Anybody have any experience with this?

Regards,

Terry